Hijacked is getting a new name and look!
Hey fam! As you all know, Hijacked has been your unofficial student textbook since 2014. Hijacked’s been here to help get you from first year to final year and beyond. But now, we have some exciting news. After three and a half years, we’re stepping up our game with a new name and a new look!
It’s the Hijacked you love but bigger and better. Uni Junkee will remain your ultimate uni survival guide, featuring the work of your fellow student content creators from across Australia.
As sad as we’ll be to say goodbye to Hijacked, we’re also pumped about bringing you along for the ride. Uni Junkee is launching in the coming months, so stay tuned for the exciting transformation!
But wait, there's more! We're also on the hunt for a talented editor to join the team to take us to new heights. Here's a little more about what we're looking for:
– Source, write and commission timely, accurate and inspiring student-centric content in the Uni Junkee tone of voice
– Commission, sub-edit, proof and publish content via the Uni Junkee CMS
– Set and execute functional content calendars
– Manage a large cohort of freelance contributors
– Social pushes and image selection
– Represent Uni Junkee at all levels in front of audience and client, core oOh!media stakeholders
– Editorial reporting and budget tracking
– A Bachelor’s degree in Media and Communication, Arts or English
– At least 1-2 years’ working in a digital publishing environment
– Portfolio of published work with demonstrated ability to amplify content across social media
– Experience editing the work of young writers with the ability to provide constructive feedback
– Computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Mac operation
– Passion for and interest in local and international travel, new technologies and communications platforms
– An understanding of, and alignment with, Junkee Media’s Vision, Purpose and Core Values
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be the Uni Junkee Editor read the full job description and apply here.